Friday 13 September 2013

Cleft in a rock: I cried, I worshipped, I climbed.




So I had an idea in my head that the place I would stay in would be basic but I guess when I saw it i hit  home and was a bit hard to adjust to. I have a bedroom and a bathroom and that´s it. It´s like a corridor. It says a lot about how fickle I can be that the concept of living somewhere that is very basic caused me to become very emotional. The promise this year was to be in a cleft of a rock and be hidden away and it sure feels very much like that.


interesting handiwork.. could be eventful if slightly dangerous showering.....



well at least i have a punch bag to relieve some of the stress...


And there´s Scott - the defender of the bathroom.


oh and security 101:



So i worshipped, I brought the tears and trust to the Father and looked to Him and it's amazing how quickly He orientates your heart to see Him in the whole picture. This was the promise of a year of learning to hear His whispers.

After the tears stopped, I went with Mateo and his father to town and we decided to go up to the Cristos. It's a statue of Jesus with His arms open wide like the one in Rio that looks over the whole city. When at the top you can see over the whole of Cochabamba. You can see how it sits in a bowl of the mountains surrounding it from all side. Increidble. It was a sobering moment to take it in and see how big this city really is and how many souls live here. The official statistic is said to be about 700,000 people living here but when you speak to locals they say that it's probably closer to 1 million. It's a big city to reach.

I know statues are not something to cling to but there felt a great awareness and joy at the representation of Jesus looking over this city. It was a honour to stand on that montain top and speak out blessing over this cplace and its people.

And like every well trained tourist should... i forgot my camera. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment