Tuesday 3 September 2013

Bolivia: Mañana Begins

Pharmacy created,Visa acquired, suitcases packed and time to get on to the plane. The adventure started this time last year when I got frustrated with waiting for promises to come into place so i pushed doors and this one flung open wide. Albeit in a way I was not expecting, as if it would be God's way to follow my plan... 

 Do you think I have enough drugs for everything???.......

So i was told that i might be mistaken for a local because of my physical appearance. well they weren't wrong! First thing as I walked into the plane an throughout the flight I had the airhostesses talking to me in Spanish and all i had to reply was a blank face expression! 

30 hours flying, lots of coffee, food and in-flight entertainment (Iron Man 3 = winner) with travel  companion and Bolivian buddy Sarah we arrive in La Paz. Also by amazing coincidence we met Kim at Heathrow airport who is also another volunteer in Cochabamba with a different organisation who was on our training camp. Pretty good co-ordination to happen to book the same flights as us even though she isn't a part of our team. I like God's style - He happens to make things come together so well.. almost like He knew this would happen.

I know virtually nothing about this country and cant speak a word of Spanish so it's going to be a 'whole new world' to quote Princess Jasmine .. except I'm using the plane.. i wouldn't trust a flying carpet.  I've heard incredible things and the fact it has every type of scenery, landscape, weather, culture all wrapped up in this landlocked hidden gem in the heart of South America.

I thought this would probably be the best way of people staying in touch with the journey so if you want to leave comments feel free but for now ciao amigos! Life is going to be a little different from now on....

No comments:

Post a Comment